By: Pete Daniels
Not too long ago, Athletes' Performance Institute was known as a high-tech training center exclusive to professional athletesa sanctuary where the best of the best could train and take refuge from autograph hounds, media requests and countless other daily distractions.
Established stars from throughout the sports world, such as Curt Schilling, Mia Hamm, Nomar Garciaparra and Rick Fox traveled to Tempe, Arizona, or Los Angeles to hone their skills and reach their ultimate potential at Athletes' Performance.
That was then. Today, Athletes' Performance opens its doors to high school and college athletes as well, according to Mark Verstegen, world-renowned performance specialist and Athletes' Performance founder.
"Lately, we've spent a phenomenal amount of time with the high school and collegiate athlete and it's something that we pride ourselves on and are looking to do more of in the future."
Everything within the program offered at Athletes' Performance is geared towards improving on-field performance, with an emphasis on improving flexibility, balance and explosive movementnot just strength and speed.
But, is Athletes' Performance the best in the business? Verstegen thinks so.
"Everything athletes need is here, under one roof. We are a one-stop resource for the best in every area of training and performance enhancement. In fact, Athletes' Performance is not just a training centerit is a lifestyle for our athletes."
From performance training to research, nutrition and physical therapy services, the impressive Athletes' Performance facilities provide their athletes with the tools to succeed.
Take a closer look at the below informationand, if you like what you see and are interested in training with Mark Verstegen and his AP staff visit, www.athletesperformance.com for more information.
Athletes' Performance in Tempe, Arizona
Located among Arizona State University's athletic venues, AP's 30,000-square-foot facility is divided into areas designated for training and recovery.
- Interior training area: Fully equipped with custom-built and prototype equipment from leading manufacturers, this area offers a variety of cardio equipment, free weights and open areas for drills.
- Exterior training area: This area includes an Olympic sized pool, 80-yard turf football field, four-lane 60-meter track, Bermuda grass training fields and a Hydroworx® Underwater treadmill.
- Recovery area: To fulfill its mission, this area includes private massage rooms, saunas, steam rooms, pro-style locker rooms, a theater, quiet room, café and an athletes' lounge.
Athletes' Performance in Los Angeles, California
Located at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Californiarecognized as the most advanced and state-of-the-art athletic compound in the worldAP's 7,400-square-foot facility offers a full range of training services.
- Interior training area: This area is packed with AP's customized, state-of-the-art equipment and systems in the areas of speed, power, elasticity, strength, rehab and hydrotherapy.
- Exterior training area: This space includes grass and Field Turf® fields and a Mondo® Track.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock